- Saquon Barkley stiff-armed Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Nate Gerry into oblivion on Monday night.
- The second-year running back ran to his right on a handoff and, when Gerry challenged him, used his left hand to grab the side of Gerry’s helmet and throw him to the turf.
- While combatting a nagging ankle injury, Barkley has accrued just 610 rushing yards and three total touchdowns on the season.
- His New York Giants have struggled on the season as well. After collapsing against the Eagles Monday night, they own a division-worst 2-11 record and have lost nine straight games.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more.
Saquon Barkley and the New York Giants are in the midst of a rough season, but that didn’t stop the second-year running back from adding to his highlight reel during his most recent showing.
The hapless Giants took on their division rival Philadelphia Eagles on the road Monday night, and Barkley took the opportunity to show at least one flash of the brilliance that made him last year’s Offensive Rookie of the Year.
Barkley ran to his right on a handoff and, as he turned the corner around the line, he came face-to-face with Philadelphia linebacker Nate Gerry. Using his left hand, the 22-year-old quadfather found the side of Gerry’s helmet and threw him to the turf.
Saquon throws down professional football players with so much ease…
— FOX Sports: NFL (@NFLonFOX) December 10, 2019
Barkley’s sophomore season has not lived up to his sensational rookie year. The Penn State product – who is nursing a nagging ankle injury – has accrued just 610 rushing yards and three total touchdowns on the season. Barkley recorded 66 yards on 17 carries Monday in his team’s last-second collapse against the Eagles. New York’s 23-17 overtime loss marks its 11th of the season and its ninth straight, making the Giants the bottom-dwellers of an already pitiful NFC East.
- Read more:
- Lizzo revealed her interest in Karl-Anthony Towns during a courtside interview at the Lakers-Timberwolves game
- The 13 most memorable college basketball teams of the decade
- UConn’s top recruit dropped a jaw-dropping dime that shows why she’s primed to be one of the next big stars in college basketball
- The most dominant athletes of the decade
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.