- Earlier today, KIRO 7 News in Seattle shared a Facebook video taped by Alexis Leonard showing dozens of large salmon crossing a highway in Skokomish River Valley, Washington.
- In the video, the fish are seen furiously swimming across the road at unbelievable speeds, dodging incoming traffic and travelling in groups of two or three.
- According to CBS Los Angeles, the fish were travelling upstream to their “spawning grounds,” in order to find a mate.
- Salmon are known for trekking across waterfalls during spawning season, but a highway is unusual.
- However, this is a common sight along the Skokomish River.
- Watch the full video below.
VisitINSIDER’s homepage for more.