- Miley Cyrus was in Barcelona, Spain, over the weekend to perform at the Primavera Sound Festival.
- While leaving their hotel, Cyrus and husband Liam Hemsworth were surrounded by a crowd of fans.
- A video appears to show an unidentified fan in the crowd grabbing Cyrus and trying to kiss her, although they were rebuffed by Cyrus and her bodyguard.
- Editor’s note: The video of the incident may be upsetting to some. It is embedded below.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
While in Barcelona, Spain, to perform new songs from her EP, “She Is Coming,” at the Primavera Sound Festival this weekend, Miley Cyrus seemed to have a scary encounter with a fan.
As captured in a video on Twitter, Cyrus appeared to be attacked by an unknown person who grabbed her from behind and attempted to kiss her.
While leaving their hotel, Cyrus and husband Liam Hemsworth were mobbed by fans. The singer was behind Hemsworth wading through the crowd, greeting fans who were taking photos of her. Then, someone can be seen in the video reaching out and grabbing Cyrus by her hair and pulling her towards them by her neck. A man following Cyrus, likely security detail, pushed the fan away, and as Cyrus hurried to escape, Hemsworth put his arm around her.
Editor’s note: The video of the incident may be upsetting to some. It is embedded below after the photo from Twitter and Instagram user David Pascual, who the user who appeared to first post the video,Twitter user Alvaro, confirmed was the one who originally took it.
Suddenly I see my video in the news, in the stories of @MileyCyrus everywhere and I realize that "x" person has taken it from me and posted it to their social networks without asking and all media using my images without MY PERMISSION, I want you to contact me! pic.twitter.com/2UbH2hJitL
— r???? (@RosaliaCAP8) June 5, 2019
INSIDER reached out to Cyrus’ representative about the situation but did not immediately hear back.
Cyrus responded to a news report about the video with a tweet about consent.
“She can be wearing what she wants. She can be a virgin. She can be sleeping with 5 different people. She can be with her husband. She can be with her girlfriend. She can be naked. She CAN’T be grabbed without her consent,” she tweeted along with a hashtag, referencing her recent song
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.