Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY SportsKyrie Irving took a unique approach to preparing for his first return to TD Garden since leaving the Celtics to join Kevin Durant in Brooklyn in 2019.
- Kyrie Irving made his first return to TD Garden since leaving the Boston Celtics to sign with the Brooklyn Nets in July.
- Before the preseason matchup on Friday tipped off, the superstar point guard burned sage and walked the court’s perimeter in an apparent attempt to rid the court of negative energy.
- He then snuffed out the sage and immediately began warming up.
- Irving did not leave the Celtics on good terms, having once told the media that he doesn’t “owe anybody s—“ when asked about his free agency plans.
- Check out the clip of Irving cleansing the arena with sage below:
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Kyrie Irving makes his return to TD Garden.
— Celtics on NBC Sports Boston (@NBCSCeltics) December 18, 2020
- Read more:
- Kyrie Irving called the media ‘pawns’ after the NBA fined him $US25,000 for refusing to talk to reporters
- LeBron James says he was hurt when Kyrie Irving said Kevin Durant was the first teammate he could trust to make big shots
- LeBron James and Kyrie Irving appear to be trading subtle jabs 3 years after their famous breakup
- Steph Curry added an unbelievable shot to his pregame routine, draining a 3 from the upper deck of the Warriors’ new arena
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.