- Most mere mortals who have attempted to surf struggle just stand up on the board once, but surfing legend Kelly Slater is no mere mortal.
- During Round Three of the 2018 Billabong Pipe Masters in Hawai’i, Slater was going head-to-head with Filipe Toledo when he was knocked off his board in the middle of a barrel.
- Somehow, Slater was able to control his board and get back up while still inside the barrel.
- Even Slater appeared to be awestruck by the move.
- Slater has seen limited action over the last 18 months due to a series of foot injuries, including a gruesome broken foot that required surgery.
Here is the wave as shown live, but you will want to see the replay below:
Here is the replay, via the World Surf League:
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.