New England Patriots / TwitterQuarterback Dejah Rondeau was bullied in school for being a girl who plays football. Now, she’s going to the Super Bowl.
- New Hampshire native Dejah Rondeau is one of three girls playing youth football in her area.
- The quarterback for her school’s football team, Rondeau is a major fan of the New England Patriots and wide receiver Julian Edelman – even wearing the number 11 in his honour.
- After learning that Rondeau was bullied in school for playing football, the Patriots invited her to take a tour of their facilities with franchise owner Robert Kraft.
- Later, Edelman surprised her with a game of catch and two tickets to see Super Bowl LIII in person.
- Check out the video of the sweet interaction below and read all of INSIDER’s Super Bowl LIII coverage here.
7th grade quarterback Dejah Rondeau wears no. 11 in honor of @Edelman11.
— New England Patriots (@Patriots) January 29, 2019
- Read more:
- 10 things you probably didn’t know about Julian Edelman, longtime Patriots wide receiver and Tom Brady’s right-hand man
- NFL experts are overwhelmingly picking the Patriots to win the Super Bowl
- Browns receiver Jarvis Landry surprised an ambassador for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation with Super Bowl tickets and his reaction was priceless
- The 31 best prop bets you can make on the Super Bowl
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.