- The US women’s national team’s victory tour continued this week with a ticker-tape parade through New York City and a trip to the ESPYs in Los Angeles.
- On Thursday, team captains Alex Morgan and Megan Rapinoe were guests on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” to discuss their championship performance, as well as the team’s fight for equal pay and an ongoing feud with President Donald Trump.
- At the end of the interview, Kimmel surprised Rapinoe and Morgan with a fast-food feast of 5,000 chicken nuggets, as the team plans to skip any invitation to the White House.
- Follow all of our Women’s World Cup coverage here.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The US women’s national team’s victory tour continued on Thursday night, with team captains Alex Morgan and Megan Rapinoe appearing on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” to discuss their World Cup win, the fight for equal pay, and their ongoing feud with President Donald Trump.
It has been almost a continuous celebration for the team since defeating the Netherlands in the World Cup final on Sunday, including a ticker-tape parade through the streets of New York City, winning the award for “Best Team” at the ESPYs in Los Angeles, and plenty of dancing, drinking, and general revelry.
After discussing the ongoing party with Rapinoe and Morgan and congratulating them on their win and commending their effort to bring pay equity to women’s soccer, Kimmel brought up Rapinoe’s pointed dismissal of Trump and his response on Twitter, and Kimmel concluded that a White House visit was unlikely for the team.
“I’m guessing you won’t go to the White House if [Trump] does invite you unless he asks really nicely,” Kimmel said. “But I also don’t want to cheat you out of the experience of visiting the White House, so we prepared something special for you.”
Kimmel then surprised the two superstars with a fast-food feast of 5,000 chicken nuggets, flanked by two faux Secret Service agents carrying dipping sauces.
You can watch their entire appearance below, with the fast-food reveal at the end of the clip.
Kimmel’s over-the-top fast-food feast isn’t too far off from what Trump has offered championship teams during their White House visits, as he infamously hosted the championship-winning Clemson Tigers with a spread of McDonald’s, Wendy’s, and Burger King, as well as some pizza.
Rapinoe had already been clear about her intentions of skipping any planned White House visit, but thanks to Kimmel, she was still able to get a taste of the meal that might have been presented.
- Read more Women’s World Cup stories:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.