- Philadelphia Flyers mascot Gritty is still bringing joy to fans across the city.
- On Tuesday, Gritty surprised Caiden O’Rourke, a young Flyers fan who had just received a new, custom Gritty-themed prosthetic leg.
- O’Rourke’s reaction is priceless.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The NHL season might be over, but beloved Philadelphia mascot Gritty is still working hard to bring joy to Flyers fans.
On Tuesday, Gritty surprised 7-year-old Flyers fan Caiden O’Rourke.
According to 6ABC’s Jeanette Reyes, O’Rourke had received a new, custom Gritty-themed prosthetic leg at Philadelphia’s Shriners Hospital for Children.
When it turned out that Gritty was also there to celebrate with O’Rourke, his reaction was reaction is priceless.
The look on this 7-year-old's face is priceless.
He just received a custom Gritty prosthetic leg, and then this happened… ❤️
— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) June 25, 2019
— Jeannette Reyes (@6abcJeannette) June 25, 2019
When he first debuted, Gritty was a decisive figure, with some initially loathing the orange furball, and others immediately embracing the new Flyers mascot.
But since his debut last fall, Gritty has proven to be a brilliant addition to the City of Brotherly Love, as young Caiden’s reaction shows.
- Read more from Tyler Lauletta:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.