- Victoria’s Secret has closed eight stores in Canada so far in 2020. A spokesperson said it has plans to close up to two more locations in the country.
- The spokesperson added that these closures were related to natural lease expirations.
- But the lingerie company has struggled in recent years and seen sales decrease.
- Earlier this month, L Brands announced a deal to sell a 55% stake in the brand to private-equity firm Sycamore Partners, taking Victoria’s Secret private.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Victoria’s Secret has quietly closed eight stores in Canada this year.
A spokesperson for the brand confirmed the store closures to Business Insider and said that it expects to close up to two more locations by the end of the year.
The spokesperson said that these closures were related to natural lease expirations and that they would leave the brand with 28 Victoria’s Secret stores in Canada.
The lingerie brand has struggled in recent years and seen sales gradually decrease. Earlier this month, L Brands announced that it would sell a 55% stake in Victoria’s Secret to private-equity firm Sycamore Partners and take the company private.
The lingerie giant is expected to launch a major turnaround effort under new management.
L Brands longtime CEO Les Wexner also stepped down from his role after nearly six decades.
See the full list of closures below:
If you work at a Victoria’s Secret store and have a story to share, please contact this reporter via encrypted messaging app Signal at +1 (646) 768-4716 using a non-work phone, by email to [email protected], or Twitter DM at @MarySHanbury.
CF Market Mall, Calgary, Alberta
CF Richmond Centre, Richmond, British Columbia
St. Vital Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Mapleview Shopping Centre, Burlington, Ontario
Markville Shopping Centre, Markham, Ontario
CF Rideau Centre, Ottawa, Ontario
CF Sherway Gardens, Toronto, Ontario
White Oaks Mall, London, Ontario
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.