- Veterinarians at an animal hospital in Australia recently helped a python named Monty who ate a beach towel whole.
- Video shows the doctors prying the towel out of the snake’s stomach, while it was under anesthesia.
- Monty was discharged from the hospital on the same day.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Monty the python’s eyes ended up being bigger than her stomach when the snake swallowed an entire beach towel whole.
A video that went viral this week shows doctors at the SASH animal hospital in New South Wales, Australia prying the beach towel out of the snake’s belly while it was under anesthesia. They included a camera on the end of the grabbing tool used to pull it out, so you can see the inside of the snake as the towel is removed.
Doctors were able to get the towel out quite easily, and Monty was discharged from the hospital that same day. Her owner reported to the hospital that she is “back to her happy, hungry self.”
Watch the full clip below:
- Read more:
- A couple had the most Australian Christmas ever when they found a 10-foot-python in their Christmas tree
- An 18-foot-long Burmese python was found in the Florida Everglades
- A woman staying in a Tennessee hotel woke up and found a snake on her arm
- A fearless 73-year-old woman used a shovel to kill a cobra slithering on her patio