- Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden has won Vermont, according to Decision Desk HQ.
- Vermont has voted for a Democrat in each of the seven most recent presidential elections.
- The state holds three electoral votes.
- Two of Vermont’s three congressional seats are held by Democrats.
- Polls in Vermont closed at 7 p.m. EST.
- See the live coverage and full results from the US presidential election.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden has won Vermont, according to Decision Desk HQ.
Vermont has voted Democratic in each of the past seven presidential elections, reliably serving as a mainstay of the Democratic nominee’s electoral-vote count. The only major down-ballot race in the state is at the gubernatorial level between Gov. Phil Scott and Democratic challenger David Zuckerman.
Control over Vermont’s state government is split: The governorship is held by a Republican, while the Democrats hold both chambers of the state Legislature. In Congress, Vermont’s delegation is majority Democratic, with Democrats holding two of three congressional seats. The state has three electoral votes and was not believed by analysts to be competitive.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.