The US negotiating team hammering out the Iranian nuclear deal in Vienna, Austria, has reportedly eaten tens of pounds of junk food in the past five weeks.
Indeed, The Boston Globe reported Tuesday that the negotiating team has gone through:
- 10 pounds of Twizzlers (strawberry flavored)
- 20 pounds of string cheese
- 30 pounds of mixed nuts and dried fruit
- More than 200 Rice Krispies treats.
- Hundreds of espresso pods
The US and other world powers are attempting to finalise a deal with Iran where the country would give up some of its nuclear capabilities in exchange for a roll-back of economic sanctions. The deadline for the agreement, however, keeps getting pushed back. The new deadline is Friday.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.