- From tariffs and levies to the Huawei ban, the global tech industry is at the center of an escalating cold war between the US and China.
- This clash affects giant tech companies with global supply chains, like Apple, Intel and Qualcomm. And Chinese tech giants like Huawei that want to do business with US companies.
- Among the causes for the standoff are accusations of unfair trade practices, economic espionage and military links. It’s involved everyone from government officials and tech execs to ordinary consumers.
- Business Insider has covered all of the drama, and we’ve pulled together all our latest reporting on the key areas of conflict in this trans-Pacific showdown. Here’s everything you need to know.
Google Android and the Huawei ban
- These are the areas around the world where Google’s breakup with Huawei will likely be felt the most
- I tried one of the newest smartphones from Huawei, the Chinese tech giant that just got blacklisted in the US, to see what the hype was about. Here’s what I discovered.
Huawei and 5G
Apple and China
Artificial Intelligence, chips and enterprise software
Salesforce is entering the Chinese market amid the tech cold war, and experts say it’s a smart move: ‘Whoever has success in China is likely to be a global winner as well’
Spies, surveillance, trade secrets, and arrests
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.