On Monday, UPS unveiled its latest innovation in package delivery technology. In a test conducted near Tampa, Florida, UPS showed off a new hybrid-electric package truck with a drone nest built into its roof. In effect, UPS wants to turn their delivery trucks into drone motherships.
Inside the nest is a Workhorse HorseFly autonomous drone with the ability to fly for 30 minutes and carry 10 pounds worth of packages.
Follow Tech Insider: On Facebook
- Top IoT Companies to Watch & Invest In
- Best IoT Conferences & Expos
- IoT Wearable Devices & Technology
- How the IoT Will Affect Security & Privacy
- Ultimate IoT Research Bundle
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.