Blog valuation is obviously not a precise science, especially using only third-party traffic information, but 24/7 analyst Doug McIntyre is smart enough to acknowledge this. And his analysis is the most thoughtful and comprehensive look at the value of some top blogs that we’ve ever seen.
Doug considers several factors:
- Traffic (uniques and pageviews)
- Demographics (value of readers)
- Monetization (type of ads and density)
- Risks (dependence on star founders, etc.)
And the Most Valuable Blog awards go to…
1. Gawker Media: $150 Million
2. MacRumors: $85 Million (Think this is ridiculous? Check out the traffic)
3. HuffingtonPost: $70 Million
4. PerezHilton: $48 Million
5. TechCrunch: $36 Million
6. ArsTechnica: $15 Million
7. SeekingAlpha: $15 Million
8. Drudge Report: $10 Million
9. Mashable: $10 Million
10. GigaOm: $8.4 Million
11. BoingBoing: $8 Million
12. Silicon Alley Insider: $5.4 Million
Read the full list and analysis here…
Doug was modest enough not to estimate the value of his own 24/7 Wall Street, but it’s a safe bet it wouldn’t be 25th. In any event, we’re grateful to all our readers and sponsors for helping SAI rank so high on the list.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.