- Shares of United Continental rose 6.57% on Wednesday after news that its traffic increased in December.
- The airline reported that its traffic increased 2.7% last month, and its consolidated capacity increased 3.7% year-over-year.
- The company also said its fourth-quarter sales were flat, exceeding its earlier guidance that its revenue would fall 2%.
- United also announced on Wednesday that it is opening up half a dozen new routes to domestic destinations in California, Ohio, North Dakota, South Dakota, Virginia and Wisconsin.
- United’s stock is trading at $US72.96 per share and is up 5.79% this year.
- You can see United’s stock price move in real time here.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.