- A UK family is looking for a “real life Professor Snape” to teach their 11-year-old son “Potions” (chemistry).
- The tutor will also be asked to teach “Herbology” (biology) and “Flying” (physics).
- The parents would like the tutor to transform their kitchen into Hogwarts, dress in character, and make lessons as immersive as possible.
- The successful candidate will be paid a generous £75 ($US98) an hour.
- Visit INSIDER.com for more stories.
If you’re still distraught that your letter to Hogwarts never arrived (it must’ve just got lost in the post), there may be a way for you to head there as an adult.
A British family is looking for a “real-life Professor Snape” to tutor their “Harry Potter”-loving son in “Potions” lessons (AKA chemistry).
But don’t worry if you struggle to identify as a Slytherin, you can also channel Professor Sprout in “Herbology” lessons (biology) and Professor Hooch for “Flying” (physics).
What’s more, the successful applicant will be paid a generous £75 ($US98) an hour salary for their work.
In the job advert, posted on online tutoring agency Tutor House, the parents explain that their 11-year-old son Toby loves Harry Potter, and so they’re looking for an experienced science tutor who’s willing to go the extra mile by dressing up as Hogwarts professors and teaching “Harry Potter”-themed lessons.
For example, the parents suggest transforming the family’s kitchen into Hogwarts to make lessons as interactive and immersive as possible for Toby, who is “struggling with his science lessons.”
The tutor would be expected to “put 100% effort into lessons,” bringing in props such as “wands, quills, and other wizarding student accessories” – all extra costs such as these would be covered, though.
The role is for an hour’s tutoring a week (“preferably Tuesday or Thursday evenings,” they say), and if you want to apply you’ll need to have at least four years’ tutoring or teaching experience as well as “strong knowledge of the whole ‘Harry Potter’ series.”
So if you know your mitosis from your meiosis, as well as your Diagon Alley from your divination, head to Tutor House to apply.