UBS has joined the ranks of America’s biggest banks vying for wealthy spenders by dropping a new luxury travel rewards credit card.
Beginning May 27, the Swiss financial services company will offer the UBS Visa Infinite credit card, a replacement for its current Preferred Visa Signature credit card.
The heavy-metal card carries a $US495 annual fee, but touts a 25,000-point sign-up bonus for new clients who spend $US3,000 in the first three months. Some may be eligible for a 50,000-point bonus.
It’s an effort to cater to UBS’ ultra-high-net-worth clients, who, according to the company’s estimates, could enjoy $US4,500 worth of rewards if they spend $US100,000 a year on the card.
The card’s suite of lucrative benefits — most now standard among travel rewards credit cards — includes:
- No foreign transaction fees
- 24/7 concierge
- $US250 annual statement credit for travel expenses
- 10,000-point redemption for a $US100 personal statement credit
- $US100 application credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck
- Access to over 1,000 airport lounges around the world
- Upgrades and credits for the Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection, plus VIP amenities at select Ritz-Carlton, Fairmont, and Park Hyatt properties
- Complimentary Gogo inflight Wi-Fi on 12 flight segments per year
Cardholders who spend $US50,000 in a calendar year will also get a $US500 statement credit for the purchase of an airport club day pass or annual airport club membership.
Point-earning on the Infinite card is fairly standard for this class of card, with one point for every $US1 spent, plus one additional point for gas and grocery purchases, and two additional points for every $US1 spent on air travel. Points can be redeemed online for airfare, hotels, cruises, shopping, and gift cards, plus the $US495 annual fee can be covered with 35,000 points.
Current UBS Preferred Visa Signature cardholders will automatically be upgraded to the Infinite card on May 27 and can add up to 24 additional users at no extra cost.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.