Twitter released a big update to its iPhone and iPad apps that make it easier to follow trends and find new people to follow.Here’s a break down of the new features mentioned on Twitter’s blog:
- New box for writing tweets. It includes a toolbar with “@” mention, hashtag, and location buttons. There’s also a new photo uploader that shows you a preview before you tweet it.
- Find your friends. The app will search your iPhone’s contacts for friends that are already on Twitter.
- Link shortener. When you paste a link into a tweet, the app will automatically shorten it.
- Trends. Trending topics, including promoted trends, show up at the top of your feed.
- Auto complete. The app will auto complete the names of your Twitter friends when you mention them in a tweet.
- New direct messages. The DM list has been updated and it’s easier to use.
You can download the update for free in the App Store.
Don’t Miss: How To Shut Up Annoying People On Twitter