In a lengthy Sunday profile, the San Francisco Chronicle tells us everything we’ve always wanted to know about Twitter cofounder Biz Stone. (Pictured, left, with Twitter CEO Evan Williams.) Among the highlights:
- Stone’s first name is Christopher. His middle name is Isaac.
- He lives in an 800-square-foot cottage in Berkeley with his wife and “scarcely any furniture.”
- If he weren’t working at Twitter, he could open his own zoo: He has at least two dogs (a terrier and a Chihuahua), two cats, a turtle living in a shower, two possums, and a pen for crows.
- The only table in his house is just big enough to hold two laptops.
- Stone dropped out of college after getting a design job at publishing house Little Brown.
- He helped launch early social networking site Xanga in 2000.
- After hopping from coast to coast to coast, Stone got a job at Google helping Evan Williams relaunch Blogger, which Google had acquired.
- The rest is history.