Dubbed “one of the most accomplished cardiothoracic surgeons of his generation,” in a New York Times profile, Dr. Mehmet Oz is a lauded doctor.
But what’s made him a household name is his persona as the friendly, un-squeamish guest doctor on “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” which led him to host his own daytime spot, “The Dr. Oz Show.”
In 2010, he added “Web entrepreneur” to his list of titles when he co-launched Sharecare, an online interactive platform to help connect consumers to high-quality health information.
This year he also debuted “NY Med,” a reality show that follows the surgeon at two New York hospitals.
Dr. Oz will share his perspectives at Business Insider’s IGNITION: Future of Digital conference this November 27-28, 2012, in New York.
Hear from him live at IGNITION. Reserve your ticket here.
IGNITION focuses on the future of media and digital business models. In addition to Dr. Oz, executives speaking include:
- Jeff Bewkes, CEO & Chairman, Time Warner Inc
- Jill Abramson, Executive Editor,New York Times
- Jeff Weiner, CEO, LinkedIn
- Carolyn Everson, VP, Facebook
- Gene Munster, MD & Sr. Research Analyst, Piper Jaffray
- Dan Schulman, Group President Enterprise Growth, American Express
- Check out the full roster here.
Check out the agenda, and follow @BI_Events on Twitter for IGNITION updates. See you in November!
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.