Good morning, AdLand. Here’s what you need to know today:
Tumblr has new analysis tools that are helpful for brands. It will let them know how much time people are spending on brands’ Tumblr pages and then compare that to performance on Facebook and YouTube pages. Pepsi and Adidas are reportedly using the new offerings. The move was expected — although some thought Tumblr would be slow to incorporate advertising in the post Yahoo acquisition era, the company has actually accelerated its ad offerings since then.
Ad Exchanger compares how much AOL spent on Adap.tv to other major acquisitions.
Grey promoted Leo Savage and Jeff Stamp, creatives on the Gillette business, to group creative directors. Agency Spy reports this is the first time someone has received this title at the company.
The IAB announced finalists for the 2013 MIXX Awards.
Adweek looks at the history of the Egg McMuffin.
Previously on Business Insider Advertising:
- AOL’s Adap.TV Deal Hides The Ugly Truth About The Video Ad Market
- There’s Something Really Strange About JPMorgan Chase’s Digital Ad Review
- This No-Makeup Photo Shows How Much Jennifer Aniston Has Been Photoshopped In Ads
- Mercedes Explains Why It Pulled Its Sexually Suggestive ‘Service Song’ Video From YouTube
- GE Is Hosting A 6-Second Science Fair On Vine [THE BRIEF]
- AD OF THE DAY: Kiefer Sutherland Will Convince You To Take A Tequila Shot
- French Woman Posts Ad Offering To Breast-Feed Babies Of Gay Couples For $US130/Day
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.