Michael Block of Phoenix Partners sends us the hot talking points of the day:
- AA and YUM tonight. For the former, does promise of corporate activity matter more than numbers? For the latter, how big a tell is it for Chinese domestic economy?
- Speaking of China, Shanghai up 2% last night on whispers of stimulus and stock market easing. 2000 becoming a real floor.
- Large cap tech still a source of funds. Can earnings change that?
- Merkel in Greece. Grexit likely not imminent.
- Draghi seems to be leaning towards conditionality. Hopefully Rajoy is paying attention to that. Galician elections on October 21.
- NFIB Small Business Optimism dips. U.S. economy and confidence not quite out of the woods.
David Lutz of Stifel, Nicolaus also relays some of the points about which he he talking with clients.
- Merkel in Athens.
- David Cameron seeming to call for EU referendum.
- Iraq’s oil output set to soar.
- AA earnings tonight!
- PBOC injects more cash into the economy.
- Despite dollar strengthening, commodities are popping.