Dave Lutz of Stifel, Nicolaus breaks down the top stories that traders are talking about today.
We summarize in bullets.
- Markets off a little bit in Europe and the US.
- Aussie dollar and the Kiwi up a bit on good economic data.
- Uh-oh: WSJ reports that short-interest in stocks is collapsing.
- Reserve Bank of India cut rates.
- Goldman sells $1 billion worth of stock in Chinese bank ICBC.
- Iran cuts off oil and gas sales to Europe.
- Billions flowing back into Eurozone peripheral countries.
- Mining companies dealing with lower profits.
- “Core” bond rates (UK, Germany, US) on the rise.
- There’s a rally in bank bonds.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.