Manny Stul, who is taking on the world’s big toy companies with Moose Enterprise in Melbourne, has been named the 2015 Australian EY Entrepreneur Of The Year.
Stul won the title ahead of 27 other national finalists at a gala awards night in Sydney on Thursday.
He will go to Monte Carlo in June next year to represent Australia against national winners from 60 countries for the chance to be named the 2016 EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year.
In 1974 Stul founded what would became one of the largest gift companies in Australia, Skansen Giftware. It listed on the ASX in 1993.
He took control of Moose Enterprise in 2000, growing it from 10 people to more than 200. It is now the fourth largest toy brand in Australia and the eighth in the US.
Moose designs toy products in Australia and develops, manufactures and distributes from factories in China and Hong Kong to more than 80 countries.
Glen Richards, the chair of judges, says Moose is an Australian company taking on the world by combining an incredibly innovative local design team with low cost manufacturing.
“Manny has demonstrated an ability to understand the demographic of his target market and deliver high quality, innovative toys that are now attracting extraordinary demand from retailers around the world,” says Richards, the founder and Non-Executive Director of Greencross Limited.
Other entrepreneurs also took home trophies. The category winners:
- Emerging category – Kayla Itsines and Tobias Pearce, The Bikini Body Training Company
- Listed category – James Spenceley, Vocus Communications Limited
- Services category – Cyan Ta’eed and Collis Ta’eed, Envato
- Social entrepreneur – Dr James Muecke AM, Sight for All
- Technology category – Timothy Power, 3P Learning Limited
- EY Family Business Award of Excellence – Brian White, Ray White Real Estate
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.