YouTube celebrates its 10-year anniversary this year, and with that landmark in mind, the video platform asked the advertising community to reminisce over the last decade of YouTube ads.
Google whittled down the thousands upon thousands of ads uploaded over the years to a shortlist of 20, asking adland to vote for its favourite on the Adwords Agency Blog.
Combined, the top five videos have been watched for 7.7 million hours — that’s over 875 years of people actually choosing to watch ads.
Here’s the top 5.
1. Turkish Airlines — Kobe vs. Messi: The Selfie Shootout (Agencies: Crispin Porter + Bogusky and Starcom)
2. Volkswagen — The Force (Agencies: Deutsch Los Angeles and Mediacom)
3. Always — #LikeAGirl (Agencies: Leo Burnett and Starcom MediaVest Group)
4. Volvo Trucks — The Epic Split (Agencies: Forsman & Bodenfors)
5. Dove — Real Beauty Sketches (Agencies: Ogilvy Brazil, PHD, and Mindshare)
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.