If you’re waiting for just the right reason to take a trip across the pond, what could be more encouraging than the promise of lots and lots of beer?
While Germany — not surprisingly — features heavily in the top 10, the residents of Prague, Czech Republic, consume the most beer, with an average of 38 gallons (304 pints) per person per year. That’s nearly five gallons more than the two Polish cities tied for second place.
The top 10 European cities that consume the most beer are:
1. Prague, Czech Republic (38 gallons)
2. Krakow, Poland (33.5 gallons)
3. Warsaw, Poland (33.5 gallons)
4. Belgrade, Serbia (31.4 gallons)
5. Frankfurt, Germany (28.2 gallons)
6. Berlin, Germany (28.2 gallons)
7. Munich, Germany (28.2 gallons)
8. Helsinki, Finland (27.5 gallons)
9. Vienna, Austria (27.5 gallons)
10. Kiev, Ukraine (27.5 gallons)
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.