UFC interim lightweight champion Tony Ferguson has wasted no time in his campaign to fight Conor McGregor.
Ferguson made quick work of Kevin Lee when he submitted the Motown Phenom with a third-round triangle choke on October 7 in Las Vegas.
He has now set his sights on a shot at UFC lightweight champion McGregor.
“Conor McGregor said he was looking forward to watching this fight but he hasn’t said nothing,” Ferguson said on the MMA Hour.
“This dude didn’t say s***. He didn’t even say ‘good fight’ on Twitter. The boy is scared. He’s running.”
“The man wants to call himself a God but he bleeds and I can expose him,” he said. “My skills are better.”
UFC president Dana White was so impressed with Ferguson, he all but confirmed a future showdown between Ferguson and UFC lightweight champion McGregor.
“It’s the fight that makes sense and is the fight that has to happen,” White told journalists after Ferguson’s victory.
McGregor has not fought in a UFC octagon since his lightweight championship winning performance against Eddie Alvarez in November, 2016.
Since then, he challenged former five-weight world champion Floyd Mayweather to a boxing rules contest but lost in the tenth round.
Ferguson criticised McGregor for failing to defend the lightweight title. “Conor needs his a** kicked and we need to unify the [lightweight] belts. Otherwise he needs to vacate, set it down, walk away, and never f****** come back.”
He added: “I will haunt your f****** dreams, kid.”
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.