High-profile right-wing pundit Tomi Lahren joined Fox News as a contributor on Wednesday, months after an acrimonious split with conservative network The Blaze.
In a press release, Fox News announced that Lahren will appear on the network, primarily on “Hannity,” and will also have a major role in a digital product that the network said was “currently in development.
“This exciting new step will allow me to give voice to all the America-loving patriots who have had my back since day one,” Lahren said in a post on Facebook.
“The Fox News digital future is bright and I can’t wait to take it to new heights! There is so much more to come and I am blessed to partner with Fox News on this next adventure.”
Lahren, a prominent millennial supporter of President Donald Trump, rocketed to prominence in the lead-up to the 2016 election for offering incendiary online videos blasting liberals.
Critics have admonished Lahren for rhetoric many have described as racially charged — she has provoked massive backlash for her bombastic videos criticising NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick, Beyonce, and President Barack Obama. Still, the highly-controversial videos have attracted attention — she currently has well over 4 million followers on her personal Facebook page, and millions across other social media platforms platforms.
Previously a commentator at conservative pundit Glenn Beck’s network The Blaze, Lahren was released from her contract in May after settling a wrongful termination suit. Lahren contended that she was wrongfully suspended from the Blaze when she said in an interview on “The View” that she was pro-choice.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.