- Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen just bought a $US17 million home on a private, high-security island in Miami, Page Six reports.
- The NFL star and supermodel are joining Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner – who reportedly just picked up a $US32 million lot on Indian Creek – as property owners on the island.
- Indian Creek Island is known as the “Billionaire Bunker” thanks to its ultra-wealthy residents like billionaire investor Carl Icahn and model Adriana Lima.
- The island has its own private police force, a country club, a golf course, and only about 30 houses.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A week after reports that Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner paid $US32 million for an empty lot on an exclusive, high-security Miami island, yet another high-profile couple has put down roots on the “Billionaire Bunker.”
Tom Brady and Gisele BÃ¼ndchen have paid more than $US17 million for a mansion on Indian Creek Island, Page Six reports. The NFL superstar and supermodel plan to demolish the current house and build a new, eco-friendly home, per Page Six.
Indian Creek Island, a 300-acre island in Biscayne Bay, has only around 30 homes. The island’s wealthy residents â€” which include billionaire investor Carl Icahn, supermodel Adriana Lima, and former Sears CEO Eddie Lampert â€” are protected by a private 13-person police force that patrols the perimeter from the water and by land. At the centre of the island is one of Florida’s most exclusive country clubs and an 18-hole golf course.
The news of Brady and BÃ¼ndchen’s purchase comes a week after Page Six reported that Trump and husband Kushner were in contract to buy a $US32 million empty waterfront lot on the island from singer Julio Iglesias, Enrique Iglesias’ father.
Brady has been friends with Ivanka’s father, President Donald Trump, for years, but their relationship became “uncomfortable” when Trump was running for office, Brady told radio host Howard Stern earlier this year. “Political support is totally different than the support of a friend,” Brady said.
On more than one occasion, President Trump has joked that he “could have had Tom Brady” as a son-in-law, according to the New York Times. “Instead, I got Jared Kushner,” the president reportedly said. Brady also told Stern that he and Ivanka Trump never dated.
Brady has won six Super Bowls and become one of the highest-paid athletes in the world. The star quarterback, who played for the New England Patriots for two decades, last year signed a free-agent contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In 2019, his last season with the Patriots, Brady brought in $US45 million, per Forbes.
BÃ¼ndchen, who made more than $US30 million in 2016, has her own skincare and lingerie lines as well as lucrative partnerships with brands like Chanel and Carolina Herrera.
Representatives for Brady and BÃ¼ndchen did not immediately respond to Business Insider’s request for comment for this story.