There are all kinds of lunches to eat in this town: trendy hot stops, power lunches, five-minute feeding-frenzy-at-your-desk lunches.
But where do you go when you actually want to get down to business? Whether it’s a client lunch, lunch with your CEO, or a gathering on a budget, there are several important things to consider.
With the help of the experts at Time Out New York, We’ve simplified this task. We listed some of your best bets for each category along with photos to give you an idea of the mood of each restaurant.
- Time Out New York
- More Restaurants
- After Work Drinks
Where to take a client:
- This is a tough call: the choice of restaurant for a client lunch can say a lot about yourself, your company, and how you feel toward your client.
- A cramped space or a family-friendly place could be a dealbreaker for a business lunch.
Where to take a CEO:
- Lunch with your CEO is a special occasion and your restaurant choice should reflect this.
- From the cavernous dining rooms of City Hall to the extravagant saffron-enriched fish soup at Allegretti, we’ve listed some of the best fine dining lunch spots in Manhattan.
Where to go on a budget:
- When dining on your company’s tab — especially in a recession — you want to be sure to be on the thrifty side without sacrificing taste and environment.
- Hit up the front bar of Blue Water Grill in Union Square to mingle with business types or take a group to Cafe Loup and enjoy the elegant bavette frites.
NOW WATCH: Ideas videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.