- On the first hole of the second round of the PGA Championship, Tiger Woods hit a wayward drive that landed in the gallery, giving the fans a close-up view of his next shot.
- It took several minutes to move the rambunctious afternoon crowd out of the way, but once the sea was parted, dozens of phones were raised to make sure people could capture the moment.
- Instead of watching Tiger, half the people in these photos are staring at their phones.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Welcome to 2019.
Now compare that with the Masters, where mobile phones are banned. Maybe, just maybe, Augusta National gets it right.
- Read more:
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? The last 27 QBs taken in the first round of the NFL Draft and how this year’s crop compares
- Here’s Michael Jordan’s 56,000-square-foot house in Chicago, and why it’s still on the market after 6 years
- The 27 biggest NFL Draft busts of the last 15 years
- Tiger Woods staged one of the biggest sports comebacks ever at the Masters – here’s how he spends his millions and lives his life off the course
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.