- Tiffany Haddish spoke about running into Brad Pitt in 2019, one year after they first met in an elevator at a pre-Oscars party.
- Haddish previously said that in 2018, Pitt jokingly told her that if they were both still single in a year, they would get together.
- The comedian told Harper’s Bazaar that when she saw him in 2019, “you could tell he was scared of me” and he was “doing his eyes shifty.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
“You could tell he was scared of me,” Haddish said in a new interview with Harper’s Bazaar. “He was like, ‘Oh, s—, Tiffany Haddish is here,’ and doing his eyes shifty.”
“I was like, ‘Ain’t nobody f—ing with you. You’ve got too many kids,'” the 40-year-old comedian and actress continued, referring to Pitt’s six children with ex-wife Angelina Jolie.
Haddish has spoken about her infamous 2018 encounter with the 56-year-old “Ad Astra” star several times. It started when she participated in an interview with “Live With Kelly and Ryan” host Kelly Ripa backstage at the Oscars that year.
“Oh, I just met him in the elevator,” Haddish recalled. “He said in one year, if he’s single and I’m single, we gonna do it. So, you know what that means.”
During an April 2018 appearance on NBC’s “Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” the actress spoke in detail about meeting Pitt while in an elevator at a pre-Oscars party.
Haddish said she was talking to “Sharp Objects” star Elizabeth Perkins and her husband, Julio Macat, and said that she hoped she could someday find a man who would look at her the same way Macat looked at Perkins.
“Brad Pitt was standing right next to me and then Elizabeth’s husband was like, ‘Man, I hope we don’t get caught in this elevator,’ and I was like, ‘It’s gonna be some pretty a– babies in this elevator if we do,'” Haddish recalled.
The actress went on to say that Pitt chimed in and said: “If I’m single in a year, and you’re single in a year, maybe we can get together and see what happens.”
“I took it as a joke,” she added, saying that she “did some research” and was stunned to find out that he had several kids.
Haddish also cleared up the confusion on Twitter in 2018, saying that “it was a joke” and she wants to be her partner’s priority.
“So funny to me, it was a Joke but I Love how serious you all are,” she wrote. “I want to be number one in a man’s life. he has a lot of kids that would make me what number 8 or at best baby Mama 2.”
“And as much as I would love to chitchat with Angie that is not what I want to be talking about,” Haddish said, adding that she’d talk to Jolie about “making movies and making money.”
Most recently, Haddish posed for photos with Pitt while attending Vanity Fair’s Oscars after-party on February 9. Earlier that night, the actor took home the Academy Award for best performance by an actor in a supporting role for his part in “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.”
- Read more:
- Tiffany Haddish says John Mayer gave her sneaky advice if she wants to get the attention of her celebrity crushes
- Tiffany Haddish shared her smuggled-in fried chicken with hungry designers at the Met Gala, and they rewarded her with free dresses
- Tiffany Haddish brought home-cooked chicken in her purse to the Met Gala because there ‘was not enough food’ last year
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.