- An old photo album showing pictures of a mystery woman with Hollywood’s biggest celebrities was just found at Opnieuw & Co, a thrift shop in Belgium.
- This album captures photos taken in the 90s of the woman with celebrities like Drew Barrymore, Will Smith, Harrison Ford, Tom Hanks, and many more.
- A massive internet search for the identity of the woman found her to be Maria Snoeys-Lagler, a former member of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA).
- The HFPA has about 90 members and they conduct the Golden Globes in Los Angeles each year.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Local residents of Mortsel, Belgium were surprised – and starstruck – to find a treasure trove of old celebrity snapshots in a mysterious woman’s photo album. The album was found in Opnieuw & Co thrift store and initially, no one had any clue as to the identity of the woman in the photos.
She was pictured with some of Hollywood’s biggest stars, and not only that, but they were never-before-seen vintage photos, captured in the 90s.
After much internet sleuthing, one eagle-eyed individual saw she was wearing an unique tag in one of the images, and discovered her to be former member of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA), Maria Snoeys-Lagler.
The HFPA started as a small group of journalists covering entertainment news and grew to hold award ceremonies and eventually the Golden Globes.
Take a look at the decades-old photos of Maria with some of your favourite celebrities.
The full album can be found here.
Maria Snoeys-Lagler poses with Luke Perry, who died last year.
Snoeys-Lagler nabbed a photo with a young Keanu Reeves.
The woman in the photo next to Snoeys-Lagler is Spanish actress Aitana Sanchez-Gijon.
Snoeys-Lagler photographed with Will Smith, likely from around the time he starred in “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.”
Snoeys-Lagler sandwiched between a young Kevin Bacon and Tom Hanks.
Snoeys-Lagler smiles alongside British actor Patrick Stewart.
Stewart starred in “Star Trek: The Next Generation” and went on to appear in many “X-Men” films.
Snoeys-Lagler poses with Harrison Ford.
Snoeys-Lagler and Drew Barrymore look like old friends in this vintage shot.
Barrymore appeared in “Never Been Kissed,” “The Wedding Singer,” and many other popular films in the 90s.
Snoeys-Lagler stands next to Bruce Willis, who looks like he just stepped off the set of “Pulp Fiction.”
Willis, who was once married to actress Demi Moore, has starred in many action movies over the years, including the “Die Hard” series films.
Snoeys-Lagler with a young Johnny Depp.
Depp hit the big screen in the 1980s, but he starred in nearly 20 films through the 90s – and dozens more, since – including “Edward Scissorhands,” the “Pirates of the Caribbean” films, and “Donnie Brasco.”
Snoeys-Lagler even got a photo will the cast of “Ellen,” a mid-90s sitcom starring Ellen DeGeneres.
“Ellen” was a 90s TV show that helped bring talk show host Ellen DeGeneres to her current level of fame.
Denzel Washington, who is now one of the highest paid actors in Hollywood, poses with Snoeys-Lagler outside.
Washington has been nominating for eight acting Oscars and has won twice: Best Actor for “Training Day” (2001) and Best Supporting Actor for “Glory” (1989).
Snoeys-Lagler with a young Sam Neill and Robert Downey Jr.
Downey Jr. has been listed on Time’s “Most Influential People in the World” list, and topped Forbes’ list of Hollywood’s highest-paid actors from 2013 to 2015.
Snoeys-Lagler stands next to rockstar Jon Bon Jovi.
Bon Jovi is known for his career in philanthropy and he sent out a fundraising email for Senator Cory Booker’s 2020 campaign, though Booker has since dropped out of the race.
The Olsen twins, who are rarely seen by the press these days, pose with Snoeys-Lagler.
Snoeys-Lagler poses with a long-haired Tom Cruise.
Cruise is known for his dangerous stunts. For his last “Mission Impossible” movie, he jumped out a a plane.
- Read more:
- 19 celebrities who’ve admitted they have a crush on another celebrity
- The best and wildest looks celebrities wore to New York Fashion Week
- 20 times celebrities took their mums to award shows
- Kylie Jenner, Britney Spears, and 18 other celebrities who have been refreshingly open about food allergies
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.