Photo: Flickr / Joi
Meet Ali Rowghani, chief financial officer of Twitter.He’s the reason Twitter has such a good relationship with Apple.
Rowghani was formerly the chief financial officer of Pixar Animation Studios, a company that Steve Jobs started before returning to Apple.
According to a new profile of Twitter in Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Rowghani and his connections are the reason Twitter works so closely with Apple.
Apple has since directly integrated Twitter into a lot of the core features of its phones. It even has a “tweet” sound effect that you can assign to SMS and other Twitter functions.
Here’s the line from the BusinessWeek profile:
Twitter has also aligned itself closely with Apple (AAPL), thanks in part to the connections of its chief financial officer, Ali Rowghani, a former CFO of Pixar Animation Studios, the late Steve Jobs’s other company.
Here’s what else we’ve learned about Rowghani from some light searching on the Internets:
- Before joining Pixar, he was an associate at McKinsey and Company. He was based for nine months in Germany and spent a year in Japan, according to AllThingsD.
- Ali holds B.A. and MBA degree from Stanford University. He spent a year studying at the University of Bonn in Germany, according to the same AllThingsD report.
- He was born in Iran and is a fan of the Dallas Cowboys.
- He’s a prolific Twitter user, as most employees are, and apparently likes Dancing With The Stars.
- He also has a few fans — including one that made a “fake Ali Rowghani” Twitter account. That user seems to like Dancing With The Stars too.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.