Photo: By calgaryreviews on Flickr
Americans spent an average of around 420 minutes on Facebook last December, or roughly 13 minutes daily — plenty of time to shop with friends. Major brands have been trying to cash in on that engagement for years, with limited success. But at least one major company is scoring big on Facebook: TicketMaster, which rolled out a Facebook integration earlier this year that allows users to share their seats with friends. Each time a customer clicks to share on Facebook, that click is worth $6-8 for TicketMaster, their EVP of Ecommerce Kip Levin told Business Insider.That’s huge — as much as clicks from Google’s direct-search traffic are worth. And what’s more, TicketMaster isn’t paying Facebook for the traffic. It’s just a clever app.
You can find out more about best ways to connect and engage customers at Social Commerce Summit, Business Insider’s conference on the future of commerce and social connection, taking place in Chicago on June 7. Brands marketers and technology entrepreneurs will discuss the best ways to engage customers on social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. They’ll cover smart tactics for mobile and local marketing and sales, and integrating social features into the digital storefront. You can reserve an extra-early-bird ticket now.
TicketMaster’s Levin spoke in at the New York summit in February. In Chicago, you’ll hear from entrepreneurs and brand marketers including:
- Eric Lefkofksy, Co-founder, Groupon; Co-founder, Lightbank
- Kim Musgrave, Social Media Team Lead Manager, McDonald’s
- Brian Spaly, CEO, Trunk Club
- Rich Lesperance, Head of Digital Marketing & Emerging Media, Walgreen’s
- Seth Kravitz, Co-founder & CEO, Technori
Topics covered include:
- Mobile And Local Commerce: Where’s The Money?
- Engagement IS The New Marketing: How Do You Do It Right?
- From Blah, Blah, Blah to Ka-Ching: Product Discovery Pros Share Secrets
- How Social Features Boost Sales: Real Case Studies From Successful Companies
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.