But over at AOL HQ, they’re downing champagne.
An AOLer just out of a company-wide meeting shared this report…
[It was] the usual.
Big Tim gives good presentation, I must say.
And there was champagne afterward.
What’s not to like?
Besides the bubbly, here’s what else happened during the meeting:
- Tim announced AOL has hired 900 people since summer started – 50% of them for Patch.
- Tim said AOL now has $600 million in cash, up from $500 million at the beginning of summer.
- Tim said six or seven companies competed for AOL’s search business. (How is that possible?)
- AOL will launch its first ad campaign targeted at consumers “in forever.”
- Tim said only 1/3 of AOL’s subscription revenues come from access subs now. The rest comes in from products like “SafeSocial”
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.