Prime Minister Theresa May has officially started Britain’s exit from the European Union by signing a letter of notification to the President of the European Council, Donald Tusk.
It means Article 50 has now been triggered.
She made a statement to Parliament calling on the country to unite.
Produced by Joe Daunt
More from Business Insider UK:
- The pound is climbing higher against the euro and dollar as Article 50 is triggered
- The FTSE 100 drops as Article 50 triggered
- Article 50 has been triggered
- Everything you need to know about the Brexit nightmare that will follow Article 50
- EU leaked document: Britain can reverse Article 50
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.