Prime Minister Theresa May confirmed the man behind the Westminster terror attack was born in Britain.
Speaking to MPs she said: “What I can confirm is that the man was British-born and that some years ago, he was once investigated by MI5 in relation to concerns about violent extremism. He was a peripheral figure. The case is historic.”
Produced by Claudia Romeo
More from Business Insider UK:
- How the Westminster terror attack in London unfolded
- Apple denied it has been hacked after a gang of hackers tried to blackmail it for $US100,000 (AAPL)
- Flags fly at half-mast in London to honour terror attack victims
- The CEO of a period tracking startup that’s raised $US30 million explained how she plans to start making money
- The FTSE 100 is calm in the aftermath of the London terror attack
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.