David Gyngell, the CEO of Nine Entertainment, is the highest paid CEO in Australia for 2014 with almost $19.6 million.
The Australian Financial Review’s 2014 executive salary survey says Gyngell’s pay was helped by a multi-million dollar incentive for taking Nine from the brink of receivership to a successful IPO in December last year.
In second place is Kevin Chin, CEO of Arowona International, an investment group. He got $13.3 million.
Here’s the top 10 highest paid CEOs:
1. David Gyngell, Nine Entertainment, $19,588,095.
2. Kevin Chin, Arowana International, $13,346,728
3. Robert Thomson, News Corporation, $13,218,963
4. Nicholas Moore, Macquarie Group, $13,080,432
5. Louis Gries, James Hardie Industries, $12,353,083
6. Michael Yeager, Maverick Drilling And Exploration, $11,860,652
7. Gail Kelly, Westpac, $10,982,728
8. Michael Smith, ANZ Group, $10,444,023
9. Sam Walsh, Rio Tinto, $9,756,740
10. Richard Goyder, Wesfarmers, $9,398,243
You can browse the top 300 paid CEOs here.