Here’s what’s going on this morning:
- The Giants eliminated the Braves from the NLDS and eliminated Bobby Cox from baseball, with a 3-2 win in Game 4. The NLCS against the Phillies starts Saturday, which seems an unnecessarily long time from now.
- Brett Favre threw his 500th career touchdown and his 70,000th passing yard, but he also set the record for career fumbles and turned out the lights with a game-killing interception as the Jets sent the Vikings to 1-3. Not a great week for No. 4
- The Patriots found their replacement for Randy Moss and surprise; it’s the guy Randy Moss essentially replaced, former Super Bowl MVP Deion Branch.
- Buffalo’s Jason Pominville was carried off the ice on a stretcher after a vicious hit by Chicago’s Niklas Hjalmarsson. He’s all right, but his team lost.
- Tonight: The Rays open up the bonus section–taking tarps off of 5,000 normally unusable seats–for their deciding Game 5 of the ALDS.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.