Good morning. Let’s get caught up:
- Cliff Lee dominated the Rays one more time (9 IP, 1 ER, 11 K, and 0 BB) and Texas has its first postseason series victory ever. It’s the first time that a MLB playoff series ended with the road team winning every game.
- The team also celebrated with ginger ale, instead of champagne, in honour of MVP candidate Josh Hamilton, who is a recovering alcoholic and drug addict.
- That gust of wind you felt was everyone in Greater Miami sucking in its breath as LeBron James limped off the court during an exhibition against CSKA Moscow. (The word is that it was just “cramps.”) That’s two of the Big 3 coming down with something and we aren’t even to opening day yet.
- Former Florida Marlins manager Fredi Gonzalez will take over for Bobby Cox in Atlanta next season.
- Islanders defenseman James Wisniewski will be suspended two games for an “obscene gesture” he directed at the Rangers’ Sean Avery. You’re trying to imagine that obscene gesture right now, aren’t you?
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.