It’s just a fact that crime and controversy bring work and paydays to defence attorneys.
And the Raj Rajaratnam case, which involves not just Rajaratnam’s Galleon hedge fund, but the companies information he allegedly traded on, and the companies where the alleged tippers worked. And all of those organisations now need attorneys.
The Recorder provided a rundown today of which entangled companies have so far retained whom, and it’s quite the list of impressive letterheads.
- Intel (executive Rajiv Goel is a defendant) — Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe
- Polycom (an unnamed source allegedly gave information to Roomy Khan) — Wilson Sonsini
- Market Street Partners (their employee allegedly provided information about Google) — Ramsey & Ehrilich
These firms are in addition to those already involved in the case. From DealBook:
- Galleon — Shearman & Sterling
- Advisors to Galleon’s employees — Boies, Schiller
It was announced yesterday that Akin Gump is no representing Raj Rajaratnam, replacing Gibson Dunn.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.