SOLVED: The Mystery Of The Smoking iPhone

Smoke Stacks

Remember the story about the iPhone that began emitting smoke during a flight to Australia last November?

It turns out that it happened because the screen was replaced incorrectly by an unauthorised repair centre, reports ZDNet.

A loose screw was left inside the body of the phone that ended up puncturing the battery pack. The phone overheated and that’s when the smoke started pouring out.

Just a good reminder to get your products serviced at Apple Stores or other authorised repair centres.

NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos

Want to read a more in-depth view on the trends influencing Australian business and the global economy? BI / Research is designed to help executives and industry leaders understand the major challenges and opportunities for industry, technology, strategy and the economy in the future. Sign up for free at research.businessinsider.com.au.