Remember the story about the iPhone that began emitting smoke during a flight to Australia last November?
It turns out that it happened because the screen was replaced incorrectly by an unauthorised repair centre, reports ZDNet.
A loose screw was left inside the body of the phone that ended up puncturing the battery pack. The phone overheated and that’s when the smoke started pouring out.
Just a good reminder to get your products serviced at Apple Stores or other authorised repair centres.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.