That’s right – Old Spice and their ad agency Wieden + Kennedy produced and uploaded 183 personal video responses onto YouTube in a span of three days.
In the month of July, each Old Spice video averaged over 2.8 million views. The response videos themselves received a view total exceeding 45 million in just 2.5 weeks.
The campaign has certainly paid off as sales of Old Spice have gone up 107% in the past month, according to BrandWeek.
While Old Spice had a fantastic month of July, they did face some stiff competition in the forms of music video parodies and a certain movie trailer featuring a teenage wizard’s final battle against “he who must not be named.”
Watch the best videos of July and find out who comes out on top!
Data Provided By TubeMogul
1. Shakira - Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)
2. Justin Bieber - Baby (ft. Ludacris)
3. Eminem - Not Afraid
4. Lady Gaga - Alejandro
5. Justin Bieber - Somebody To Love Remix (ft. Usher)
6. Justin Bieber - Never Say Never (ft. Jaden Smith)
7. Justin Bieber - One Time
8. Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
9. Travie McCoy - Billionaire
10. Justin Bieber - Never Let You Go
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.