You may think food trends change drastically by culture, but if takeaway orders are anything to go by, our easy-eating habits are all very similar — and often not reflective of the home country’s cuisine.
We teamed up with online food delivery company Deliveroo to find out the most-ordered dishes in 12 of the website and app’s most popular cities around the world.
Here are the most popular takeaway orders on Deliveroo around the world, ranked by price, from cheapest to most splurge-worthy.
From falafel in Ireland to dim sum in Belgium, scroll down to see the surprising results.
More from Business Insider UK:
- There is a place in NYC where you can customise your own lip colour
- 18 before-and-after photos that prove you can’t believe everything you see on Instagram
- Here’s who sat where in Trump’s first big business council meeting — and what the layout communicates
- A pet expert explains the bizarre mind-controlling parasite you can contract from your cat
- T-Mobile could begin offering ‘Google’s iMessage’ (GOOG, TMUS)
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.