Good morning. Here’s everything you need to know in the world of advertising today.
1. Here’s everything Google announced on Tuesday. The top news from the tech giant’s largest ever hardware launch.
2. “We’re in it for the long run”: Google’s new hardware boss insists the company won’t give up this time. Why Google’s big hardware effort is not just a passing fancy.
3. Here are all the apps and games you’ll be able to use with Google’s new Daydream View headset. What you will be able to view on Google’s new virtual reality headset, which launches in November.
4. Google still isn’t a hardware company, and it’s not even playing on the same field as Apple. Business Insider executive editor Matt Rosoff’s take on Google’s splashy press event in San Francisco on Tuesday.
5. Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff apparently thinks Twitter is an “unpolished jewel” that he might want to buy. Anonymous sources tell The Wall Street Journal about Benioff’s interest in buying Twitter.
6. Pinterest just named its first CFO, in the biggest hint yet that an IPO might be nearing. Company hires Todd Morgenfeld from Twitter, where he serves as the vice president of finance.
7. A former insider says Marissa Mayer kept secrets from Yahoo’s security team more than once. Business Insider source raises more questions about business practices at the troubled internet company.
8. Vice is planning a UK marketing blitz for its new TV channel to lift its audience from zero. A Vice source told Business Insider that 30-second spot adverts for Viceland will roll out from Friday.
9. How the “new Mac” candle went from a silly idea to a labour of love that sold out. Andrew Green tells Ad Week about creating that new Mac smell with hints of mint and basil.
10. Mimi Turner has departed as Lad Bible marketing director. The former journalist leaves the website after less than two years, reports Campaign.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.