Good morning. Here’s everything you need to know in the world of advertising today.
1. Elon Musk unveiled “Tesla Energy” on Thursday night. Tesla Energy is a range of eco-friendly batteries for homes, businesses, and utility companies.
2. LinkedIn’s shares crashed more than 20% on weak guidance. Revenue growth has been decelerating for a while.
3. Word on the street is that Oracle is not the company making a bid to acquire Salesforce. Oracle’s CEO Safra Catz said a press conference on Thursday that if someone else did come along and buy Salesforce, it would actually be very good for Oracle.
4. Here’s what Google looks for in job candidates to see if they are the right fit. Just make sure you’re offering ideas that bring something new to the company, and don’t wear a suit.
5. Microsoft has a new website that guesses your age. The site is a way for the company to show off what it’s working on behind the scenes.
6. Apple just lost one of its creative directors to Donna Karan. Hector Muelas has been appointed as the fashion house’s chief image office.
7. Analysts are fairly confident Tinder will start making some decent money soon. Tinder recently rolled out paid-for subscriptions and it is testing advertising.
8. Sir Martin Sorrell received a 44% pay increase to $US66 million last year. The bulk of Sorrell’s compensation is made up of bonuses.
9. Viacom’s Q2 revenue fell 3%, Reuters reports. The cable network saw a decline in domestic advertising due to weak ratings for its popular shows.
10. Nielsen is introducing better measurement to Roku’s streaming players and Roku TV models, Nielsen announced in a press release. Roku’s VP of advertising said the partnership will “significantly advance the measurement and value of OTT advertising.”
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.