Good morning! Here’s everything you need to know in the world of advertising today.
1. Subway is suspending its relationship with spokesman Jared Fogle. Federal authorities raided Fogle’s home Tuesday morning in connection with a child pornography investigation.
2. Google is facing increasing pressure to extend “right to be forgotten” to US users. A US privacy group is arguing that people should also benefit from the right to force Google to delete old or inaccurate search results about them.
3. Time Warner must pay a woman over $US200,000 for calling her 153 times. A court found Time Warner Cable had violated the federal Telephone Consumer Protection Act, which is meant to curb robocall and telemarketing abuses.
4. Amazon may be forced to stop showing the names of products it doesn’t sell in search results. An appeals court gave new life to a lawsuit by a watch company that claimed Amazon was misleading customers in how it arranges search results on the site.
5. The boss of the English Football Association has defended a tweet sent out by the organisation’s Twitter account welcoming home its Women’s team from the World Cup, which was widely derided as “sexist.” He says it was “taken out of context.”
6. Coke removed the logos from its packaging in the Middle East. Coke says the stunt is meant to encourage people not to judge each other.
7. WPP’s German marketing services network Commarco has acquired a majority stake in German PR agency Nicole Weber Communications, which has a client roster including brands such as ASOS and Olympus. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
8. Facebook made billionaires of these eight people. Here’s what they are doing now.
9. Shake Shack has launched a Chick-fil-A killer. The ChickenShack will be a permanent menu item.
10. Marvel has an under-the-radar team that creates comic strips for well-known brands. Clients of Marvel Custom Solutions Group include Adobe, Siemens, Eminem, Lexus, and Western Union.
NOW WATCH: Don’t watch this ‘Alvin and the Chipmunks’ trailer for the movie — do it for the video of a chipmunk hosting a rave
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.