Good morning! Here’s everything you need to know in the world of advertising today.
1. These are the 10 biggest executive perks packages in advertising. Private jet travel, golden coffins, company cars — we’ve ranked them by extravagance.
2. This is how to shoot great iPhone videos like the people in the latest Apple ads. The company is rolling out a new campaign as part of its iPhone World Gallery that showcases the video shooting and editing capabilities of the iPhone 6.
3. Medium, the publishing platform started by one of Twitter’s cofounders, is gutting some of its most popular sites. It wants to become more of a social network.
4. Netflix is experimenting with promos you would have to sit through before your show starts. The ads are for its own original programming.
5. Why tech news site Re/code really sold to Vox. It was generating around $US12 million in revenue.
6. The “fat-shaming” ad that sparked a protest and was banned in the UK has landed in America. The ad, for nutrition supplements and shakes company Protein World, asked “Are you beach body ready?” and featured a slim model in a bikini.
7. Lenovo has a new logo. The tech company says the new branding is “more personal.”
8. These are the top 50 brands for millennials. Ad agency Moosylvania asked 1,500 millennials to rate their favourite brands.
9. Sir Martin Sorrell has said he is happy to help FIFA president Sepp Blatter improve his image. But the WPP boss said he’d only step in if Blatter genuinely wanted to reform FIFA, The Daily Mail reported.
10. Twitter has unveiled its first official consulting partner. IBM is first up, AdAge reports.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.